Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 12 Almost There!

What?

This week we did not have class so there isn't much to say there. I am not going to be able to go to the conference in SLC, although I wish I could have.

Here are a few pictures from our service learning project that I forgot to post a couple of blogs ago. We really did have a lot of fun teaching these kids about nutrition.

I still need to get a move on with that paper. It is my job to begin it. Unfortunately I have to work in the morning so the paper might have to wait until tomorrow night or Saturday morning to get started.

I also learned this week that I definitely DO NOT want to be a psych nurse. I had a bad experience at clinicals due to a break down in therapeutic communication. I almost had a table flipped on me because another nurse spoke with a patient in the wrong way. That environment is a little bit too violent for me. 

Now What?

There's not really too much to say at all this week. I kind of feel like a broken record. I am definitely ready to have this whole project done with.

Now that I know I don't want to work in psych I can focus in on other areas of nursing that I am interested in. I feel like I can make more informed decisions about my career because I attend these clinicals. I don't remember if I said this before but I had a really really good experience with a CRNA at Timp hospital the other day. He really kind of took me under his wing and talked to me through an entire surgery. I might look into doing that in the future. But that is far in the future so I have a long time to consider it.

So What?

This semester is almost over and I feel like I have learned a lot. But I have also learned (mostly through ATI testing) that I have a ton left to learn before I graduate. I am excited for the next semester. I am really looking forward to complex disorders and mother-baby.

Hopefully my next blog will be titled "Service Learning Project is Complete!"

No comments:

Post a Comment