Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 9 - Preparing, Preparing, Preparing!

What?

We officially start preparing our lesson plan tomorrow morning! I'm starting to get more nervous the closer we get to actually doing the project. I'll be glad to get it over with. Then it will just be writing the fat paper and preparing for the final presentation. Those bits won't be so hard, I think. The hardest part of this project was simply finding one to do. Now it's just a matter of doing it and everything will be great!

In class we talked a lot about alternative medicines and health care provider's attitudes toward these types of care. There was a lot more of a heated debate than I expected. I'm not really sure where I stand on the subject because I have never really tried any kinds of alternative treatments.I have wanted to try them, though, so I think that now may be as good of a time as any to learn about these treatments.

So What?

So now I can stop worrying about this service learning project!

I do think that alternative treatments are something I should be knowledgeable about because a lot of people use these treatments and a lot of people have strong opinions on the subject. These treatments may also help me and my health. I think what I really need to focus on is reducing my stress level. I should figure out where to buy the essential oils for a good price and make time in my schedule for other activities such as yoga.

Now What?

Now I need to push through the last bit of the semester and get this project done. I am excited to be able to blog about something other than stressing about the project.

Now I need to find the time and energy to put into trying new methods of health care. If I can find something that works well for me then I may just become a firm believer in alternative treatments for common ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment